Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Avon'.
Found 2 results
The CA-27 or Avon Sabre was a redesign of the F-86 by The Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation of Australia. The fuselage was re-designed to take the Rolls Royce Avon engine and the 6 x 50cal machine guns were replaced by 2 x 30mm ADEN Cannons. All images thanks to Daniel Cox (copyright) are of CA-27 Mk.32 Sabre; CA27-83, A94-983, VH-IPN. The ejector seat has been replaced a Martin Baker (much safer) rather than the in service NA seat. Fitting of this seat required a small plate on the cockpit floor and a mod for canopy opening in order to raise the canopy above the seat. This aircraft is owned by the Royal Australian Air Force Museum and is operated by the Temora Aviation Museum following their restoration of it to flying condition, the museum is located in New South Wales, Australia and welcomes visitors from all over the world. The Museum is (except for 4 days) open all year round and provides twice monthly Aircraft Showcase flying events plus a biennial airshow called Warbirds Downunder.
Hi guys I have been very quiet this year but I am catching up fast. here are 2 vulcans from dragon wonderfull little kits too. XL321 is standard out the box from the first release XH533 is from the falklands box and im rather proud of it as its my first attempt at scratching parts. you could have fun spoting the difference betwean XH533 the first b2 which was in essence a b1 with b2 wings and avon engines and later olympus engines. I liked the look of this vulcan hybrid and realised as the falklands boxing of the kit had a blue steel missile which i used to form the centre of the much smaller b1 tail cone seemed to be almost designed to fit the interior of the vulcan once i took the gamble of cutting off the b2 tail cone. i did much checking and then glued it into place then wet smoothed with a finger some milliput forming the shape of the b1 tail cone. then i used the optional tail fin to cut a fillet to extend the tail fin and then rescribed it. i pinched some tail pipes from a diecast 200th scale vulcan and then painted her and used fantasy printshop decal alongside kit ones from the first release vulcan and hey presto an early vulcan. and a representation of the original flash white scheme with the later more familiar type. now i have managed to make the tail im going to do the same again only this time chop the wings down and make a b1 to go with these 2 to have and evolution of production vulcans in 1/200th (cute) hope you like em love to hear feedback good and bad. they were painted with humbrol rattle can white and the black areas and windows free hand painted with a brush and then given lashings of johnsons klear. cheers guys. If anyone would like to see photos of how i modded it ask. cheers Rob