Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Switched Identities 18/06/17If you are still having problems logging in and remaining under your own username following the DDoS attack last week, you need to log off, clear your browser's cache, and restart your browser to ensure you clear all the old files from your temporary area. Then you should be sorted.
Search the Community: Showing results for tags '737-700'.
Found 1 result
Ridgeline posted a topic in Ready for Inspection - AircraftFriends, My name is Andrew and I, obviously, am a new member on this site. This being my first post, please allow me to briefly self-introduce. I'm from the States, currently located in Los Angeles, CA, and have been building models intermittently for the past 20-ish years. I used to build airliners regularly about 10 years ago, but have not built any models in the past two years. I recently answered the call to build some airliners again, and so here we are! The reason I joined this site, among other things, is because a lot of the references and resources I came across in my return to modelling led me here. I have found an incredible amount of new information on this site, along with some amazing model builds, airliners and otherwise. In short, my current modelling psyche has been heavily influenced by the members here, so I hope to make my own small returns. Enough babbling! The present model is the historic Revell 737-800, cut down to the length of a -700. The last time I built one of these I used resin engine and winglet replacements, but this time I wanted to build the airliner without aftermarket pieces. As such, I modified and reshaped the winglets with sheet styrene, a-la Viking's sticky in the Civil Modelling forum, and used styrene tube to create the engine intakes. Panel lines were preserved and/or re-scribed, because I'm one of THOSE guy when it comes to panel lines, and antennas and pokey-things were scratched from brass rod and/or styrene sheet. I'm not 100% content with the build: It has obvious problems that I'm happy to acknowledge, but it feels good to build an airliner, learn some new techniques, and actually finish my first model in years. And my apologies for the picture quality: My cell phone has seen better days, and my girlfriend took my lightbox for some project she's working on... PH-BGO, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines: