This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Pagey

Members
  • Content count

    237
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Pagey last won the day on July 8 2015

Pagey had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

441 Excellent

About Pagey

  • Rank
    Established Member
  • Birthday 26/05/81

Contact Methods

  • ICQ
    0

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Cambridge

Recent Profile Visitors

705 profile views
  1. lets hope that other manufacturers follow suit as I hate cutting resin bits off of large blocks.
  2. I like the way they have made it easier to cut fragile and small bits off the runners with the thinned attachment towers rather than having to carefully cut the whole part of the molding block .
  3. Absolutely cracking model. Well done!!!
  4. stunning. It looks like it would start up if you spun the propeller. Nice job
  5. Thanks Guys. Sorry to not aswer your question Mr Happy. The gray was home brew mix. I made up a mix for my Eduard Limited edition Lavochkin LA-5 building and just added a load of white to the left over paint to get the colour I wanted. Not sure of the exact ratio. Approx 50:50 of the Lavochkin grey to white
  6. Thanks for the lovely comments guys. Glynn - the decals are nice, they conform nicely to the curves with a bit of encouragement from Micro sol. The only thing to watch for is if you are going to try to bend the decals around the wing edge, the decals get rather brittle and I really struggled to make them do what I wanted (the only down side of the decals). The roundels are the kit one, however I had to nick a pair of roundels from another kit as there were only four of the smaller roundels on the kit decal sheet and I needed 6 Goggsy - the open panel below the cockpit is the gun bay. You can open both sides if you want. Don't know how I forgot to take a pic of the area. oh. Just got back from the Shuttleworth model show. This model won the 1/48 catagory in the competition. First time I have won a competition so am very pleased.
  7. Very nice kit to build. The only problem part of the build was the join between the fuselage and top wings. Unusually the join of the bottom wing was perfect to the fuselage. The decals for the coloured stripes (and codes) were xtradecals. The bang seat was also an resin after market one. This was the first time using mig ammo Panel line wash. I was very very impressed with it. really brought the model to life I scratch built the engine intake covers (the rear ones are which are eduar 1/48 spitfire wheel hubs) Fancied something other than the usual grey/green. 20170218_131518 by Richard Page, on Flickr 20170218_131529 (2) by Richard Page, on Flickr 20170218_131537 by Richard Page, on Flickr 20170218_131543 by Richard Page, on Flickr 20170218_131552 by Richard Page, on Flickr 20170218_131604 by Richard Page, on Flickr 20170218_131619 by Richard Page, on Flickr 20170218_131636 by Richard Page, on Flickr 20170218_131646 by Richard Page, on Flickr 20170218_131657 by Richard Page, on Flickr
  8. I personally don't see a problem with selling under the table. I usually try to shift a few old kits, any money I make is usually in my pocket for half an hour or less before it is handed over to a trader. I know that it is the same for many others from my club.
  9. Thanks Robot and Mark4700 - it was one of those kits I loved and hated at the same time. Am happy with the result though
  10. Thanks Guys. I know the load out is strange, didn't realize it was so wrong (that is what is recommended in the KittyHawk instructions (although should have guessed at the number of mistakes in the booklet)
  11. Thanks Guys. Had read about the issue of the ordinance supplied, didn't bother me too much, just wanted a Jag which looked deadly fully loaded. It turned out nice in the end, but I wouldn't build another one, too much of a headache.
  12. Started this last summer. When I heard about this new Jaguar Kit I was very excited to buy it, Unfortunately the kit is a let down for a new tool kit. The fit of parts was a joke, a lot of fettling and sanding was needed. I brought the Eduard big ed (which was on special offer). I didn't use all of the photo etch extras but used the bits which added to the model. The big ed also had remove before flight tags which I decided to add to make the model look a bit different. I replace the seat with a resin replacement (not the correct seat I think, but it looks better than the kit on (although had to cut a large section off from the bottom to make it fit the shallow cockpit. I decided to jazz up the engine with some spare parts and lead wire. I made intake covers from bits from my spare box and the engine exhaust cover is tamiya tape I lost the nose probe so used a bit of brass tube covered with remove before flight bag (saw a pic of something similar online. 20170130_203315 by Richard Page, on Flickr 20170130_203255 by Richard Page, on Flickr 20170130_203343 by Richard Page, on Flickr 20170130_203422 by Richard Page, on Flickr 20170130_203322 by Richard Page, on Flickr 20170130_203547 by Richard Page, on Flickr 20170130_203610 by Richard Page, on Flickr 20170130_203916 by Richard Page, on Flickr 20170130_203329 by Richard Page, on Flickr 20170130_203503 by Richard Page, on Flickr 20170130_203520 by Richard Page, on Flickr