This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

KFS-miniatures

Members
  • Content count

    104
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

72 Excellent

About KFS-miniatures

  • Rank
    New Member
  • Birthday 13/11/78

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://kfs-miniatures.com
  • ICQ
    0

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  1. .and s-b-s pics from green tone camouflage.. i'm posting it, because i need some motivation to finish it with some white stripes and 'winter mud'
  2. Hi Brits! Some time ago I've started the paintwork on newest release from Tankmania- SS-21 Scarab. I wanted to paint in winter camouflage, something like this: I received already built model, to paint it. first of all for a boxart purpose.. some pics from the paintwork on the interior:
  3. thank you very much for your positive feedback!
  4. yeap, with no doubt this is really unordinary camouflage.. thanks for your kind comments!
  5. Building log of this miniature is HERE
  6. to represent more intensive, black smoke trails i used tamiya's flat black with a strogly thinned xf-1 i made delicate smoke trails at MGs area seeya in a gallery!
  7. i'm glad that you're like this s-b-s i added some more paintchipch and scratches on the paint. this time i used thin tweezer's end to damage the paint coat and expose silver base to make some dirt on the foselage sides and the wing i used AK's enamels. First i airbrushed a 'mist' of enamels on some areas. next I rolled them over the surface with a cotton bud slighty weted with white spirit. i also airbrushed some mud patches next to the wheels The process of creating the exhaust staining began by airbrushing some fine smudges with slightly diluted AK's track wash
  8. cooler's flaps were painted first with RLM 02. next I applied all other colors. at the final step af the airbrushing i masked camouflaged surfaces and retouched flaps interiors (and wheel wells as well) wit an airbrushed coat of RLM02. it's simple, easy, and works well no matter of the colors..
  9. straight against habits of my workshop, I decide to make really a subtle wash. I used AK's enamel dedicatd to ivory/white AFV's interiors. some panels and hatches were more exposd with dark brown wash next i made some scratches and paint chips on the propeller. for this purpose i used a metal brush. please note, that according to references I made more paint coat damages on the rear surfaces of the propeller's blades at this step i was able to remove all masking from the canopy
  10. ditto! nigel, it's all ok with your sense of humor. i'm sorry. the problem is on my side. since i've met a lot of comments like this one, posted seriously by omniscient theoreticians I've never could be sure if it's a joke or some another 'valued feedback' :>
  11. which one?
  12. when I protected whole model with satin varnish, i was able to start the paintwork on details. for the rubber tires i used vallejo's smoke. in my opinion this is the best color to reproduce wwii era aircraft tires. it appears best applied on surface primed with black using the same paint, but strongly diluted i washed exhaust pipes. next was some touches of blue tamiya's eyeshadow'. finally i slightly rubbed exposed surfaces with gunmetal pigment (finger is the best tool for this purpose)
  13. RB decals works well with microscale's liquids, but since they are quite big, it was necessary to use a big amount of these decal fluids and left it for a few hours to dry
  14. thank you very much for feedback. i hope this sbs could be helpful. btw, feel free to ask, if something is not enough well described. ok, as i mentoned, i had to finish edges of rlm02 surfaces. with the same strongly diluted paint i airbrushed freckles on fuselage sides ..and more with rlm71 ..so, i believe it is ready for decals
  15. thanks a lot! underside were sprayed with a thin transparent coat of rlm65. next I added some highliths with a mix of base color and offwhite. finally I covered all surfaces with a filter of strongly diluted base color with a masking tape I marked line of the upper camouflag on the fuselage. Next i airbrushed stains of rlm02. similar to underside - base color, highligts and filter next I applied stains of rlm71 edges of rlm02 are not fonished, of course..