Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

binks15

Members
  • Content count

    32
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

62 Good

About binks15

  • Rank
    Newbie
  • Birthday 30/01/53

Contact Methods

  • ICQ
    0

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Huntingdon Valley, PA USA

Recent Profile Visitors

1,035 profile views
  • Lvp

  1. 1956 Nomad

    Revell kit. Minimal wiring and plumbing, painted in RM lacquers with a DuPont urethane clear coat.
  2. Engine wired and plumbed. Refinished in BASF lacquer, DuPont urethane clear coat.
  3. 1971 Duster 340+6

    The reservoir was painted gloss white, followed by over thinned Tamiya clear blue, then cleared with semigloss acrylic tinted with a drop af flat white paint. For the master cylinder cover I used BMF painted with a mixture clear yellow and orange topped with semigloss clear.
  4. Re-finished in BASF lacquer, DuPont urethane clear coat, vinyl top is suede texture BASF lacquer. Engine was wired and plumbed. Interior finished in Mar-hyde vinyl paint. Added seat belts.
  5. BMW M1

    I ended up spraying the stripes on, the decals were trash also.
  6. BMW M1

    Revell of Germany (originally boxed by ESCI) engine plumbed and wired, added velocity stacks, re-finished BASF lacquers, and clear coated in Du-Pont urethane.
  7. It's hard to believe this came out of an AMT box. This kit is very well engineered and detailed. Unusually high parts count and plenty of delicate pieces and some of the best chrome I have ever seen. Nice and smooth with no dirt at all. I was really impressed and it went together with no problems at all, but it needed a few scratch-built details. Refinished in DuPont lacquers; engine wired and plumbed; scratch built fuel pump and fuel filter, throttle and choke cable, generator, and distributor, and ignition coil. Scratch built interior door handles and window cranks, shifter, parking brake lever, trunk hold down straps and side lift handles. Very enjoyable, but time consuming build. Spent about a month doing it. I realllly like these old kits. I wish the old time engineers were still around; we need more kits like this.
  8. I orginally bought this for the drivetrain and rolling stock because the car was so butt ugly. Then I decided to try my first roof chop ever; I took 5 millimeters out of the roof. It turned out pretty decent so then I decided to alter the rear bumper as well. Body re-finished in BASF lacquers and DuPont urethane clear coat.
  9. Lindberg kit. Refinished in Shadow Grey lacquer, DuPont urethane clear coat. Engine wired and plumbed. Scratch built alt. bracket, parking brake cables, steering box, idler arm, drag link and front sway bar.
  10. Revell kit, engine wired and plumbed with machined pulleys, parts box front wheels and drag chute, RM acrylic lacquers and DuPont urethane clear.
  11. This kit was a fun build. Everything went together very precisely. Very tight tolerances, but everything lined up perfectly. I ended up stripping about half of the kit's chrome (two tree's worth). A few scratch built under hood details. Minimal wiring and plumbing. Refinished in PPG lacquers, no clear. Very pleased with the end result. My next one will have an Allison engine. Hah. It's got the room for it.
×