Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

114 Excellent

About Sairou

  • Rank
    New Member
  • Birthday 20/03/00

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  • Interests
    Scale modelling, History

Recent Profile Visitors

196 profile views
  1. Tamiya 1/35 JSU-152

    Personally, I think a WW2 Russian slogan concerning Berlin could be a nice addition. 'Push them back to Berlin' or something similar.
  2. I can't give you an exact answer, but I'd look into what tanks the Army operated during that period- Tanks like the Vickers Medium or Vickers Light come to mind.
  3. DML Conqueror Mk2

    Utterly fantastic build.
  4. Sdkfz 184 Schwerer Jagdpanzer "Elephant"

    Is this the new Tamiya kit?
  5. Yes, they were the 'workable' kind. I had some trouble with them.
  6. A relief to finally have this one wrapped up. Learned a lot with this one, especially about how to use oils.
  7. Good deals on aircraft models on The Works

    Alternatively buy from The Work's ebay shop, and also receive free postage.
  8. https://www.theworks.co.uk/p/toy-models/airfix-a50179-ju87r-2-and-gloster-gladiator-dogfight-double-gift-set/5055288631052 https://www.theworks.co.uk/p/clearance-gifts/airfix-pearl-harbor-75th-anniversary-giftset/5055288631076 Rather good prices on relatively new toolings. The Pearl Harbor set is certainly tempting.
  9. A model kit, censored.

    Well, you can view my conversation with the UK suppliers of Hobbyboss on here. I've left 'feedback' on HB's website, but nothing back so far...
  10. A model kit, censored.

    The seller suggested I contact Hobbyboss. Apparently they had no spare SS decals in store.
  11. A model kit, censored.

    I would also like to note that I'm sure that the model shop who sold me the kit would happily offer a full refund. Creativemodels only came into this as I wished to get a fresh decal sheet, and they are the ones to ask in the UK for that. Hobbyboss are to blame for the censorship, but if they can't get the kits past customs, who can blame them? In that case, our Customs are at fault. Unless CreativeModels are not telling the truth, which I doubt, because they have a good reputation here. Then, maybe HobbyBoss are lying. Cynically, the first thing that came to mind when Creative told me HobbyBoss did it was that this was simply a move for their own convenience, so all kits could be sold anywhere within the EU. Either way, the fact I do not want a refund is key here. My choice as a customer is somewhat hampering the help that the model shop could have given me. I would be interested to see if any other UK modellers have had this problem with HB recently.
  12. A model kit, censored.

    I personally do not blame creativemodelsltd, as if they're telling the truth, it's not their fault. I also hold no animosity towards the model shop who sold me the kit. In regards to the markings, it's surprisingly hard to find suitable ones.
  13. A model kit, censored.

    On the other hand there are a wide range of other schemes I could do. The main one of interest for me is this one: however, I did finish my Wespe in whitewash, so I'm unsure whether or not I want to do this scheme. Maybe when I get around to the project, I will. Also of interest.
  14. A model kit, censored.

    Thanks for the offer, however, the link you provided is all the help I need. I think my solution will be to get a sheet of German decals (I have found one on hannants). On the other hand, I could possibly just leave off one of the SS symbols (not shown on the Ace kit) and paint the skull myself. Either way, thank you. (In fact, having looked at the kit, it would appear that the 'cut in half' markings which have survived, intended to go on the front vents of the vehicle ((which I will probably have open)) could instead just go on the back, where the decals had been censored.)