This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here:

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

  • Announcements

    • Mike

      Ongoing DDoS Attack causing Forum Slowness   26/04/17

      In case you have missed the announcement, the reason that the forum has been slow at times since the minor version update the other day is due to a Denial of Service attack, brute force attack on our email, and judging by the lag with our FTP response, that too.  If you're feeling like you're experiencing a glitch in the Matrix, you're not wrong.  This is the same MO as the attack in September 2016 that occurred when we transitioned to the new version 4 of the software.  We're currently working with US and UK cyber-crime departments, who specialise in this sort of thing, and we're hopeful that we'll be able to track them down this time by using the accumulated evidence already held.    We are pretty certain that it's a continuation of the same attack last year, only at a reduced intensity to deter people from using the site "because it's terribly slow", rather than taking it down completely, and we're also sure of the motivations of those responsible.  Spite.   Please bear with us in the interim, and wish us luck in dealing with these.... "people".

rob Lyttle

  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

229 Excellent

About rob Lyttle

  • Rank
    Established Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

411 profile views
  1. Takes a certain amount of confidence to do that to your pride and joy! And leave it 24hours...
  2. Docking Procedure... Commence ....
  3. Nice detail in the nose there, and the camera!
  4. She's looking fantastic. No doubt about it! Did you ever come to a decision on the final decor scheme and nose- art, or is the jury still deliberating? Which ever, she's gonna look good.
  5. Look out, I think we got a dealer in town! On the High Street... bold as brass!! They got all the paraphernalia too. What are those? Like Tea hookah pipe things or something??
  6. Good stuff. Feeling better now? Got your Mojo back working? I reckon! What a great project
  7. Now, I was thinking the same - Celt's solution to lack of storage seems inappropriate. The journey may be more important than the destination, but binning them is wrong on many levels. That was until this evening.... I masked up my little P38, but can't spray yet, so I looked around for something to fiddle with. Spotted a kit lbought on a whim, and had a look..... Brace yourselves..... It's an F80 Shooting Star 1/48, by Lindberg. OK OK get up. I didn't know, nobody told me.... So it's going in the bin without a drop of glue wasted on its sorry bottom, and it's a lesson learnt. I have never seen such a pitiful wretch of a kit. So, Celt, I may have out - binned you! Seriously though , you need to respect your work more
  8. Hobbyboss ... I love them! And I've never had an " unbuildable" one yet. I don't really know about tiny inaccurate things, and that's the way I want to keep it! I've mentioned in my threads about Obsessive Detail Anxiety - ODA for short. Recommend the HB easybuilds in 1/48, especially the P38 Lightning. Total breeze and a great looking plane. Décor...errrm, you may want something different.... but the kit is great.
  9. Apologies Angstrom, by the way, for dissing your chosen scheme. It just wasn't what I was looking for! Transfer sheets, and the variable quality thereof..... Discuss...! How hard can it be, when you've had 60 years and more to practice and improve, to provide a reliable, presentable, good sheet in a kit? I don't mean exquisitely superb, just "good", and reliably so. That would be nice, wouldn't it? The Scat II machine is looking"exquisitely superb"- that's the important thing!
  10. I expect they do online sales or phone. If not , couldn't be more than a tenner to post 2, could it? 7+7=14 . Add 10=£24 =£12 each. I can do it if they don't
  11. I just wanted to butt in on Canberrakid- John, do you stockpile stuff for situations like this? Because that pic looks like some of the stuff I got left in my B57 box, along with nacelles, bombs and missiles! Always willing to donate if required. You know that the 1/48 B57 airfix is going for £6.99 at AC Models in Eastleigh Hampshire?. That is not a mistype! They got a stack.
  12. Like a refillable teabag you put your exotic tealeaves in and dunk it? That IS posh! Well, it was before it was cut up to fulfill a higher calling and destiny So I can source them in many colours and sizes. Might take a few along to next club meeting, see if anyone else uses them. I gotta say they really look the business on your lighting
  13. Guys, that got me thinking, (slowly), was it this kinda thing? If so, I can source any amount of them for distribution to the modelling world, or wedding planners for that matter!
  14. 71Chally, how's it going with the Lightning's foil job? I mentioned the airfix Mustang a while back, I was weighing up my nmf options - your method or mine. Well, I finished the Voodoo and I've set about it. I've gone with my own style with adhesive foil and it's going OK so far. Just wanted to check in with your project, see how it's going. Later
  15. Well I'm just about there. Other than trying to enhance the appearance of the engine cans with some effects of heat and dirt, I think I'm done on this If I get a chance to photograph her in sun/ daylight, and they turn out OK, I'll do a little RFI. If you been trying to pick up what I do with foil for a nmf airframe, I hope I've helped a bit. I've got a serious change of scale coming up, with the little airfix P51D Smaller than a fuel tank, but looking like a very nice kit. Brilliant fit so far. Going for the metal finish of course... no surprise there. Cheers all