Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

540 Excellent

1 Follower

About The_Lancaster

  • Rank
  • Birthday 17/11/99

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  • Interests
    Any Tank, Any Plane, Any Ship

Recent Profile Visitors

1,503 profile views
  1. Cold war T-64 on the prowl

    Really nice model, and really good photography too!
  2. T-90, Zvezda 1/35

    Lovely job, like the camo!
  3. 1/48 GWH Mig-29 9.12

    That's a marvellous MiG! The paint work and weathering really work well together
  4. Eduard 1:48 Fokker Dr.1

    Lovely work! The detail is impressive, especially in 48th
  5. Tamiya Stug IV and Panzer II

    Nice work!
  6. She Ain't Pretty... 1/72 Ka-27 Helix

    I think you've brought a nice finish to what sounds like an oversimplified kit. The work on the cockpit is impressive. Even more so considering it is 1/72!

    Impressive merlin on an impressive spit. Brilliant work all round I'd say!
  8. Panzer II

    That's a brilliant way of making a monotone camouflage not monotone! The weathering job on that is brilliant! The flag as well adds a welcome splash of colour too. Nice one!
  9. Krupp Raumer S

    That's a fab paint job (or lack thereof paint left!) the tarnished and rusted metal is really nice. The streaked, worn paint pairs with it nicely
  10. 1/350 USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76)

    I love aircraft carriers for the sheer amount of detail on them. I could look at yours all day! You've captured the essence of the busy carrier life really nicely
  11. Vosper MTB 234 -1/72

    That is really nicely done! The base really sets the scene here. I'm loving the paint job on her
  12. Airfix 1/350 Trafalgar Class HMS Tireless

    That's a lovely build there. The base is really very nice. Must give that a go someday! Thanks for sharing
  13. K-141 Kursk 1/350

    Beautiful Kursk! Love the open silos and the subtle weathering job there. Nice work!
  14. Tiger 1 initial prod.

    That really is a superb bit of modelling. The weathering is lovely
  15. Hey Guys, Here's my rendition of the rather nice HobbyBoss Kursk. Nice being used only to describe the detail - construction was horrible! The silos straddling each side of the conning tower were positioned on the basis of a semi-hemispherical notch and that's it. Sounds relatively easy on paper, but in real life it was painful... hence the closed bays! Apart from that the fit of the hull together in two parts was nice and the conning tower was also a nice fit. I found however the instruments such as the ESM, periscope radar etc. were a fiddle as the lack of locating holes problematic in getting the masts to sit straight. So it was a little by eye to be fair, and from this i can only conclude i need an eye test... Painting her in Humbrol 67 'Tank Grey' which in effect was a match for the Mr. Hobby 'Tyre Black' Hobbyboss were calling for. The underside was Sovereign Hobby's Colourcoat's RM08 'Rosso' which in layman's terms is White Ensign's model enamels equivalent to hull red I believe. The conning tower called for it to be all black but contemporary photos of Kursk showed it having the bad-weather deck windows framed in white giving the, what looks like to me, soviet subs a rather creepy look. Also I painted some stems silver and the big dome yellow as per a reference photo I found and lost. So lets call that one artistic licence! Decalling was interesting as the carrier film the decals came on was excessively large and trying to get decals such as the emergency buoy over the dome for it was eating into my decal softener stash something rotten. Weathering however consisted mainly of Tamiya Smoke on the underside, Tamiya German Grey on top lightening patches and loads of streaking with oil paintings. Finishing off with Xtracolour's Enamel Matte Varnish I began work on the base which was literally Tamiya Gold leaf with the recessed areas sprayed black. And so it is I have finished my first ship model and so far I've gotten hold of Bronco's HMS Vanguard and Micro-Mir's Alfa to folllow the build up! As to be honest I did enjoy the build quite a lot I probably could of dusted her off but I didn't quite expect to find so much after just 2 days of finishing... Maybe time to clean the modelling room out! Thanks for looking guys Sam